Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. Since our founding in 2001, Two Sigma’s vision has been to develop technological innovations that analyze the world’s data to consistently deliver value for our clients. We search for ways that these technologies can make us better at what we do, and explore how we can apply them more broadly, extending our capabilities and activities.
We are seeking a talented attorney to join our Legal & Regulatory team, providing support to an array of business initiatives with a primary focus on supporting data, technology and research teams. The ideal candidate is an attorney that has prior experience working with alternative data and negotiating agreements at a regulated financial company and/or technology company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts with a focus on alternative data assets.
- Performing legal due diligence of targeted assets, especially regarding regulatory permissibility and intellectual property rights associated with data products.
- Memorializing obligations created by contractual relationships and regulatory obligations, particularly in the areas of data management and inter-company arrangements.
- Collaborating with Two Sigma attorneys specializing in privacy, intellectual property, cybersecurity, IT transactions and securities law to provide seamless, high-quality service to internal business clients.
- Assisting with the implementation of TS policies and guidelines associated with using data and technology services, intellectual property and record management.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- JD required with admission to the New York bar
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 3 - 5 years of experience practicing law at a major U.S. law firm or in the legal department of a financial services or technology company
- Proven experience supporting global sourcing clients in contract negotiation with an emphasis on data and technology products.
- Demonstrated experience leading deals and closing large, sensitive agreements within defined timeframes.
- Familiarity with website terms of service, privacy policies and international privacy laws.
- High proficiency, strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity to independently learn about emerging areas of law and identify legal issues related to innovative businesses.
- Personality and approach suitable to working collegially with a large team of in-house attorneys serving an entrepreneurial, diverse and growing client group.
- Self-motivated and process oriented with a penchant for improving business efficiency.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $200,000 and $275,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.