Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a talented and detail-oriented individual to join our Operations team, performing vital middle office / trade support functions and participating in initiatives that will help Two Sigma build and develop critical business activities.
Are you a hard-working individual who enjoys problem solving and collaborating with equally dedicated colleagues who love Operations? Join our team!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that trading systems are using reconciled information and that all operational procedures and risk controls are set
- Reconciling internal positions across multiple counterparties and asset classes
- Reviewing admin positions/transactions/cash reconciliations and handling exceptions across multiple counterparties and asset classes
- T+0 matching and settlements across multiple asset classes and markets
- Handling corporate action event life cycles
- Analyzing our existing operational platform to establish straight through processing and find efficiencies
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 4-8 years of operations experience at an investment management firm, fund administrator, or prime broker
- BA/BS required, field of study in finance or economics preferred
- Experience with Macro & Fixed Income products and their trade life cycle
- Crypto experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to details and processes
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking abilities
- Ability to form relationships and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Data analytics and visualization skills (e.g. compiling datasets and identifying anomalies and trends)
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.