Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for creative experts who are interested in applying general machine learning and specifically deep learning techniques to many types of problems, but particularly those with large amounts of noisy data.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop effective techniques and/or infrastructure for a specific project/idea under guidance of an experienced member of the team
- Similar to a research environment, you will write code, use the latest machine learning tools, run experiments, and generally develop techniques and processes to help improving our understanding of how financial data influences the world around us
- Partner with teams across Two Sigma to implement your ideas into their products
- Remain connected to the broader research community by partnering with internal and external collaborators and participate in relevant conferences
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Working towards a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM field, preferably in a PhD/MS program
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C++, Tensorflow, PyTorch or similar languages
- Internships/work/course experience with machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning
- Preferably practical experience using large amounts of noisy data for machine learning problems, curiosity in applying it to financial problems
- Preferably some relevant research experience (that may have led to publications at NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR or similar)
- Experience with cloud environments and multi-machine setups
The weekly base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $3,500/Week (Bachelors), $3,700/Week (Masters) and $4,200/Week (PhD). The anticipated weekly base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.