Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a dedicated full time temporary accounts payable specialist to join our highly motivated, innovative team for 3 to 6 months. They should be a self-starter with an ability to think critically. Our team members are able to multitask, meet deadlines and effectively adapt to changing priorities. As part of this team, the candidate will partner and collaborate with employees in all departments of the firm. If you are excited about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team, we'd love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Coding and entering invoices into general ledger system and preparing check payments, ACH payments, wire payments and wire transfers.
- Reviewing supporting documentation submitted for completeness, accuracy, and proper approval.
- Processing expense reports.
- Accurately identifying assets that require capitalization and entering into the fixed asset module and assisting with monthly reconciliation.
- Identifying and accruing sales tax on applicable invoices.
- Researching and resolving A/P related issues with vendors and employees.
- Assisting with other accounting projects as needed.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2 - 5 years of experience in accounts payable preferably in the financial services industry.
- BA in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- High proficiency in Excel and strong reporting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload
Experience with the following systems is a plus:
- Lawson – GL, AP, AM, CB, Smart Office.
- MHC Document Express/MHC Image Express
- Workday Financials
- SAP Ariba
- SAP Concur Travel and Expense
The hourly base pay for this role will be between $36/Hour and $48/Hour. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.