Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is Two Sigma's portfolio analytics platform used by asset owners, asset managers, and advisors. Venn applies Two Sigma's expertise in research, data science, and technology to modernize the analytics experience for institutional investors, helping them embrace a quantitative approach to multi-asset portfolio risk and investment decision making. The tools available in Venn help investors perform factor-based risk analysis to inform manager due diligence, investment evaluation, and portfolio construction.
As Head of Product and a member of Venn’s leadership team, you will champion our collaboration with clients, prospects, partners and beyond to evolve and refine our vision for Venn’s platform. You will help turn this strategic collaboration into action, and measure success by the outcomes we achieve for our clients, our team and our business. You will masterfully deploy playbooks from your extensive experience in combination with our existing operations to accelerate our evolution, driven by your passion for delighting customers with intelligently-designed experiences. You are someone who inspires, engages, motivates and delivers through practical strategies. You are a believer in the differentiating power of a high-performance team culture, as well as the critical importance of diversity, equity and inclusion, but more than just the words you are energized by action.
If Venn sounds like the kind of environment you thrive in, and this Head of Product role sounds like one that matches your experience and drive, we’d love to hear from you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead the Product practice for Venn, an exciting, growth stage FinTech built by and from within Two Sigma
- Mentor, develop and scale a world class Product team
- Create an exceptional, collaborative partnership with Engineering, Design and all organizations across Venn
- Collect data and distill insights from across all sources including clients, partners, user analytics and our industry
- Synthesize the collected data and resulting insights to power Venn’s business across all functions, including Product development but extending to marketing, sales, customer success, and beyond
- Leverage the data and synthesized insights to continuously refine Venn’s Product vision, strategy and roadmap, applying an experimental mindset, creativity, humility and masterful, structured communication
- Welcome a combination of existing practices, new ideas and your extensive experience to test and implement new processes to rapidly and consistently deliver meaningful progress towards our vision.
- Optimize to the commercial impact of Product and our platform, with an ownership mindset for Venn’s growth as a business, quantifying and committing to the financial impact of our roadmap, priorities and execution
- Champion sprint alignment, commitment and efficient execution by customizing right-sized, scalable best practices
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience: BS/BA with a minimum of 10 years of experience including 5+ years in FinTech and roles as an IC software engineer, product manager and Product practice leader. MBA highly regarded. Expert user of Jira, Confluence, Figma, SalesForce and product analytics tooling (Segment, SQL, etc). Product leadership in multiple, category-defining, enterprise technology businesses spanning web apps with world-leading UI/UX excellence and API-based data and/or infrastructure offerings. Management of multiple Product practices at both startups and established tech companies, with playbooks and examples of partnering effectively with Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, etc. Product experience at tech companies focused on Risk, Portfolios, Wealth and/or Allocators. Management experience leading distributed, global teams, and serving a global client base
- Alignment with Venn’s culture and values (Financial Scientists, Trusted Partners, Intentional Innovators & Driven To Deliver), with references attesting to a track record of proactive cultural leadership and impact
- User-centric, data-driven mindset: You can demonstrate your mastery at outward data collection (platform data, user input, industry insights, etc), synthesis (analytics, insight distillation, etc) and inward deployment (humility, communication, influence, alignment, commitment) to deliver success
- Organized & Detailed: From vision to roadmap to sprint, your operations and communications are precise, extensive, clear and derived from the first principles of users, data and shared success. Across all forms of communication, you combine flexibility and clarity to deliver information in a variety of ways so the entire audience is engaged, inspired and informed.
- Creativity: You thrive in the face of complexity and are energized by crafting simple, effective solutions that amaze and empower users, whether through visual design, interaction, copy, UI/UX, or beyond.
- Demonstrated Servant Leadership Success: you hold your extensive library of management playbooks lightly, always looking for the bespoke solution that best fits the team and moment. These include effective approaches to sourcing, hiring, onboarding, development, retention and maximization of growth potential leading to high-performance and high-resilience teams.
- Trusted Leader: You build teams on a foundation of trust and hold a strong, action-oriented belief in the differentiating power of creating diverse, equitable and inclusive teams. You can provide examples from your track record of hiring, developing, and retaining high-performing Product teams as a result.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $165,000 and $300,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.