Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma seeks MBA interns to join our fundamental equities research team. In this role, intern analysts will help the team originate idiosyncratic ideas, conduct traditional deep dive fundamental research, generate price targets, and identify key investment themes across industries.
Interns will join a team that performs deep fundamental research in order to generate investment ideas and translate company- and sector-specific insights into scalable and diversifying alpha. The fundamental equities team collaborates with our close-knit team of quantitative researchers, data scientists, engineers, and business colleagues to both leverage and enhance the capabilities of the Two Sigma platform.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Identify and deeply evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- Conduct thematic research, participate in investor conferences, meeting with company management teams, monitor company and industry events
- Perform well-structured, deep dive, bottom-up fundamental research on specific companies to produce high conviction investment ideas
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of financial accounting
- Financial modeling skills
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve
- Strong academic track record
- First year MBA
The weekly base pay for this role will be between $3,100/Week (Masters) based on academic degree conferred. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.