Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world's most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Ventures (TSV) is an early-stage venture capital business that leverages the Two Sigma platform to invest in startups harnessing data science and advanced computing to transform industries. TSV has invested in over 111 companies since it was started in 2012. We are hiring a Marketing Manager to help us grow brand awareness for Two Sigma Ventures, its individual team members, and its portfolio companies.
The Marketing Manager will coordinate, implement, and optimize all aspects of TSV’s marketing strategy, including development of owned content, events, and TSV’s digital web presence, and will oversee PR efforts including working closely with our portfolio companies on fundraising and product launch announcements. They will work closely with all members of the TSV team and Two Sigma’s Marketing and Communications team. They will have the support of TSV colleagues to help with tactical execution of the strategy, including event management and content writing and editing.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for startups and venture capital, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and significant experience building brand awareness through content and events.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Bring creative and ambitious ideas for ways we can reach our core audiences in the VC and startup communities
- Support the team in building their own personal brands
- Build and design content, including presentations, posters, videos, and other collateral
- Assist in managing events strategy to grow our reach
- Build and manage an editorial calendar
- Manage activity across social media platforms
- Write original content including thought leadership articles, blog posts, website copy, newsletters, and social media copy
- Spearhead website redesign in conjunction with external development partner
- Ensure accuracy, quality, and brand consistency across all communications
- Collect and analyze performance data across channels and platforms and adjust the marketing strategy accordingly
- Advise select TSV portfolio companies on marketing and content strategy
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in marketing at a startup or venture capital firm, or in a related field
- Proven ability to produce creative content in a variety of media on a range of topics to generate brand awareness and partner engagement
- Exceptional copywriting, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work in a startup culture and take on new challenges as needed
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
The base pay for this role will be between $100,000 and $150,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics