Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for a business manager to join the Techniques Business Management group. This will be a critical role that will help to drive our strategy forward across multiple key areas. You’ll work with the broader team to help determine the group’s key priorities and help push initiatives forward. As a business manager you will collaborate with Techniques’ team leads and individual modelers to manage and work towards fulfilling key projects for the business. You will also work with Engineering partners to help design and align platforms and roadmaps to help us achieve our goals and increase our modeling productivity. Part of the core responsibilities will also entail technical analysis, defining and specifying requirements, and managing execution of our core initiatives. A successful business manager will drive positive impact for our research and modeling efforts and position Techniques to increase our efficiency and productivity through realized business value.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Partner with modelers or lead research projects focused on ML across Techniques
- Manage user feedback and experience around Techniques and Engineering platforms
- Work on understanding and addressing Techniques specific platform gaps across common themes and problem areas
- Create and follow through on roadmaps that will help drive strategic activities for the business
- Participate in key technical analysis to help identify areas of new investment or for improvement
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in technology, management consulting, or financial services organization contributing to the development of complex technology or financial products
- B.S. / B.A. (advanced degree preferred) in majors of computer science, statistics, math, physics, engineering, data science, finance, or related fields
- Comfortable working with and talking to junior and senior stakeholders to gather feedback and requirements
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with track record of organizing and successfully delivering concurrent high-quality, cross-functional projects with explicit timelines
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional roles and in building collaborative working relationships
- Comfortable with the standard data science Python stack (numpy, pandas, sklearn, matplotlib, hyperopt, etc.)
- Previous experience with machine learning and familiarity with major ML frameworks such as XGBoost, TensorFlow, PyTorch is a plus
- Familiarity with different computing architectures. Specifically related to machine learning, GPUs, large data, parallel computing, cloud computing
- Understands the Software Development Life Cycle
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $125,000 and $250,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.