Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Core Reliability Engineering (CRE) organization works to improve the reliability, operability, and maintainability of our core trading systems. We have an opening on the trading support team’s New York division. This team owns and operates the core production trading environment. Their project work focuses on enabling business initiatives, reducing risk, improving visibility, and increasing operational efficiency.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Provide primary production engineering support to our core trading desk
- Partner with traders, and portfolio managers to deliver business value across multiple asset classes
- Lead engineering and operational support for multiple large distributed software applications, including much of the foundational infrastructure in the firm.
- Develop metrics to analyze performance, reliability and latency data across operating systems and applications.
- Design and implement upgrades to improve software reliability, real-time monitoring, diagnostics and alerting, and documentation.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Reliability Engineering, Production Engineering, DevOps, or a related field.
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages (such as Python, Java, C++).
- In-depth knowledge and experience in at least one of: host based networking, Linux/Unix administration, systems programming, distributed systems, databases, cloud computing, and a desire to learn more.
- A proven track record of automation and an algorithmic approach to solving problems.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, etc.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.