Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a talented data operations specialist to join our innovative Data Engineering team. You'll be part of a close knit, dynamic team of passionate individuals critical to the success of Two Sigma's business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, data analysts and other data operations specialists to understand business processes
- Recommend, develop, and perform data management workflows
- Update data management policies and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Apply predefined acceptance and quality criteria to guarantee the integrity of financial data sets
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on experience performing data management and data quality tasks in data intensive environments
- Exposure to scripting languages, spreadsheets, databases, and UNIX command line preferred
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.