Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Two Sigma’s HR Systems Engineering team supports, evolves and administers our Human Resources cloud based and third party vendor systems. The HR technology ecosystem at Two Sigma consists of multiple vendor systems, with Workday for HCM and Avature for Applicant Tracking at the center. It also includes multiple in-house built systems. This team reports into the firm’s Enterprise Engineering organization and partners closely with our HR organization.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build relationships with our HR Partners; participate in production support and project-related work; collect and evaluate user requirements, propose technical solutions and deliver on those solutions
- Research or troubleshoot issues across multiple systems, get to the root of an issue, propose options for solutions and implement the solution to prevent the issue from happening in the future
- Learn, understand and explain the flow of data across these systems, each system’s role, strengths or weaknesses, how security is permissioned and integrations
- Speak to Workday’s data model, its ability to store and deliver effective-dated data as well as report on the data
- Contribute to team meetings; be able to flex from discussing eliminating low-value support work to high level project thinking
- Work with HR to adopt our HR systems and answer questions about self-service data entry best practices
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working with HR applications, preferably in an Engineering or Technology organization (3+ years in Workday is a plus)
- Comfortable with hands-on configuration and maintenance to support HR systems
- Passion for HR technology, HR data models, structures and understand relational databases
- Experience designing and implementing reports in Workday (integrations a plus)
- Ability to present ideas in business-oriented manner
- Critical thinking and being passionate about technology and data; bring an engineer’s approach and sensibility to HR Systems.
- Experience with SQL is a plus but not required
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.