Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking hands-on Software Engineering Managers for roles across all of our engineering groups. As a software engineering manager at Two Sigma you can tackle a wide range of responsibilities and challenges.
Our Engineering Groups work on things like:
- Building and maintaining robust data pipelines that ingest over 30TB of data each day!
- Creating infrastructure that is used by all of our software engineers.
- Building and maintaining a suite of analysis tools that enable our quantitative researchers.
- Work on outstanding trading systems.
- Building technologies that bolster our trading businesses and drive productivity enhancements, collaboration, and risk reduction across the company.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Take ownership for the overall planning, execution and success of sophisticated technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects via architecture, design, and hands-on implementation, in this role you may code up to 50% of your time.
- Tackle the complex and exciting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data through software engineering.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BS/BA in a technical or quantitative field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience required; preferred 7 -15 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- An understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Recent experience with Java (or other JVM languages), Python, C or C++ (you should be comfortable taking coding assessments in our interview process).
- Outstanding programming skills.
- Proven experience in developing large-scale systems.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves.
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $160,000 and $300,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.