Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Data Engineering is responsible for data ingestion and delivery, data discovery, data governance, and canonical feature creation for all research and foundational data for Two Sigma. Expanding the research horizon and market participation of Two Sigma by incorporating new novel datasets and accurately modeling the world’s financial markets are critical aspects of growing Two Sigma's business. The data engineering team is the primary driver for this growth.
We are seeking a Python Developer for a contract development role. You will be responsible for creating data entry and business process screens. A numerous amount of screens are used for the setup and maintenance of a variety of different asset classes that Two Sigma trades. They support production-critical workflows for our investment pipeline, which requires a high level of reliability and auditability.
Screens are created with use of the Python-based toolkit Anvil (for more info, please visit https://anvil.works). This will include developing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) and backend services. GUI development done in the Anvil development environment does not require prior GUI development experience.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collect and implement user requirements
- Analyze existing backends written in Java and SQL
- Implement functionality in Python that leverages client-side GUI components & server-side utilities that standardize the selection, validation, and persistence of data
- Write unit and integration tests
- Generate GUIs in Python with the use of the Anvil fullstack framework
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years' fullstack Python development experience
- Minimum of 2 years' object-oriented programming experience
- Minimum of 2 years' SQL experience
- Ability to read and understand Java and SQL
- Degree in computer science or another technical discipline
Preferred Qualifications (Not Mandatory):
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.