Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Two Sigma Private Investments, the private investments group of Two Sigma, is building a world class impact investing team to invest across consumer, healthcare, education and business services in the middle market. The team will focus on generating top tier investment returns alongside measurable social impact by building world class companies that spur job growth and create meaningful work opportunities. The team will leverage deep private markets expertise and Two Sigma’s unique data science / technology capabilities and platform relationships.
We are seeking to add an Administrative Assistant to our team. In this role, the Administrative Assistant will be heavily involved in all aspects of the administrative process and sole management of reception duties. Given a relatively lean team of administrative professionals, the Administrative Assistant can expect to have meaningful interaction with senior professionals both internally at Two Sigma Private Investments and externally with management teams and guests.
You will take on the following Responsibilities:
Reception and Co-working Space Management Duties - 30%:
- Manage the reception desk, serving as the main point of contact for guests and visitors
- Process visitor and new employee contracts and IDs
- Serve as first point of contact for general questions/concerns for portfolio companies in co-working space and for any visitors to the floor
- Answer the front desk phone and transfer/take messages as needed
- Maintain co-working space equipment and tools, including room booking systems and digital displays
Office Administration – 70%
- Extensive expense coordination and processing
- Manage multiple calendars for team meetings
- Assist with scheduling for several executives on the team
- Coordinate travel arrangements including booking hotels, flights, car services, etc.
- Manage email, phone messages, and incoming communication, and respond to communications in a professional, timely and appropriate manne
- Accurately maintain internal electronic and paper files
- Maintain contact lists for all portfolio companies
- Assist in the production of PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and other forms upon request
- Provide project assistance and event coordination
- Assists on special projects as needed
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- 2+ years of experience as a receptionist, administrative assistant, or office manager
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a startup culture and take on new challenges as needed
- A proactive mentality and ability to work independently
- Process-oriented, always looking for ways to implement and/or improve processes
- Tech savvy; ability to get up to speed on new technologies and software
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, community service engagement optionsLearning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.