Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Fund Accounting team’s mission is to deliver high quality accounting services and timely financial reporting to our internal business partners as well as the Firm’s clients. We are seeking a self-motivated and analytical individual to join the Fund Accounting team. S/he will be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of investment funds. The role supports new business initiatives, reviews and approves funds’ NAVs, and provides reporting to internal and external counterparties.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Review and release the estimated and final NAVs and RoRs prepared by the administrator
- Preparation of financial statements and audit workpapers (including consolidation accounting)
- Work with Tax team and tax preparer to complete periodic tax filings, annual K-1s and tax returns
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to external parties such as investors, counterparties and regulators
- Provide reporting to internal groups such as Portfolio Management, Business Development, Investor Relations, Broker Management, Treasury, Legal and Compliance and Corporate Accounting
- Identify areas for process improvements and establish efficiencies and enhanced reporting
- Interaction with full service fund administrator, custodians and other third party service providers
- Implement policies, procedures and internal controls
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5 - 7 years of progressive Fund Accounting experience
- Self-motivated and a strong work ethic and an ability to work independently
- Collaborative mindset and approach – ability to work well with a wide range of individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstration of high analytical capacity and intellectual curiosity
- Self-awareness, maturity and irreproachable integrity
- Proficiency in Excel.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.