Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are looking to add a Legal Analyst to our Products team. In this role, you will join a tight-knit and dynamic group of in-house funds lawyers supporting Two Sigma’s product offerings and assist in the structuring, marketing, negotiation and administration of the private funds and other products managed by Two Sigma.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Developing, enhancing, maintaining and implementing various processes, procedures and guidelines including monthly capital activity, AML/KYC and global marketing practices for legal operations and administration;
- Coordinating formation and dissolution of legal entities;
- Overseeing internal and external legal entity management, including managing relationships with registered offices and agents across multiple jurisdictions as well as managing legal entity jurisdictional filings and licenses;
- Collaborating across global investor-facing teams to ensure compliance with foreign marketing regulations and to facilitate diligence requests and capital activity processes;
- Assisting in-house attorneys with developing, supporting and implementing tailored product-related compliance protocols;
- Identifying and coordinating strategic projects designed to facilitate efficiency, collaboration, reporting and knowledge sharing across the legal platform; and
- Developing relationships with internal business partners and external counsel in an effort to monitor and summarize relevant regulatory guidance.
You should possess the following responsibilities:
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations and time in a fast-paced environment with shifting demands.
- Proactive and motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and escalating issues when and if necessary.
- Self-motivated with positive work ethic and desire to “own” projects from inception to conclusion.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, both formal and informal.
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal or a compliance associate in a law firm or corporate setting with a focus on securities or corporate law. Previous experience working at an investment advisor or financial institution is a plus.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.