Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are looking for a quantitative researcher to join a nascent effort to source and develop event-driven trades.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Use a rigorous scientific method and deep domain knowledge of market participants’ objectives and motivations to develop event-driven trades
- Partner with our world-class data sourcing and engineering teams to track market flows in near-real time
- Partner with our optimization and portfolio management teams to develop approaches for constructing these trades efficiently
- Interact with trading desks and attend industry conferences to understand shifts in market behaviors
- Build a team for an emerging business
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Experience interacting with a wide variety of market participants, preferably but not necessarily across asset classes
- Degree in a technical or quantitative discipline, like statistics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science (all levels welcome, from bachelor’s to doctorate)
- Intermediate skills in at least one programming language like Python
- Experience both managing and building teams
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.