Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
This presents a unique opportunity for an experienced fundamental equity research professional to enhance our existing systematic process, help us deeply understand individual companies and their sectors, and translate insights into scalable and diversifying alpha. Through focused collaboration with our close-knit team of quantitative researchers, data scientists, engineers, and business colleagues, you will generate alpha research at the crossroads of the traditional and systematic approaches.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage and lead fundamental equity research analysts, enforcing strong work ethics, sound research process, and best-in-class compliance practices
- Identify and deeply evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- Conduct thematic research, participate in investor conferences, meeting with company management teams, monitor company and industry events
- Perform well-structured, deep dive, bottom-up fundamental research on specific companies to produce high conviction investment ideas
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of prior work experience as an equity research analyst
- Strong academic track record; advanced degree or CFA is a plus
- Proven idea generation and investment track record
- Structured, disciplined and scalable investment process
- Strong experience managing teams of research analysts
- Collaborative team player and experienced working on cross-functional initiatives
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve
- Intermediate technical capabilities preferred but not required
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.