Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Venn is a fast-paced Fintech startup that is reshaping the way trillions of dollars of assets are invested globally. Founded and backed by Two Sigma, Venn operates at the intersection of data-science, technology and finance. Our product focuses on enabling institutional investors to take advantage of powerful quantitative insights and cutting edge technology to make smarter investment decisions. We currently work with some of the world's largest and most respected investors and institutions and are on a course to create the investment operating system of the future, powering professional investors, worldwide.
Learn more about Venn at http://venn.twosigma.com/.
We are seeking a creative researcher/engineer who wants to draw upon the latest academic research and internal insights to build scalable software solutions for manager evaluation, portfolio construction, risk management, and more across the entire range of institutional portfolio assets
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with Two Sigma partners to expand Venn’s quantitative product offerings Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the quantitative software engineering discipline
- Initiate ideas on content for communicating complex quantitative features
- Work across a wide variety of asset classes, including private markets
You should possess the following qualifications:
- An advanced degree in quantitative disciplines is preferred
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Broad familiarity with academic finance literature strongly preferred
- Programming skills in Python, Java, or another language useful for data analysis
- Solid statistical knowledge and familiarity with packages such as Numpy and Pandas
- Experience at an asset manager or allocator is a plus (NOT a necessity)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.