Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking an organized and adaptable Office Manager to join the growing Shanghai office. In this role, you will be responsible for promoting office improvement and efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, processes, and procurement, among other things. The Office Manager will be responsible for all operational aspects of the day-to-day running of the Shanghai office, including coordination with other Two Sigma offices (e.g., in New York, Hong Kong) as needed.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- General office management, organization, and maintenance:
- Ensuring adherence to, and appropriate staff awareness of, the local health, safety and environment standards and fire prevention and control routines
- Maintaining all office equipment to ensure everything is running smoothly, and helping set up equipment when needed
- Managing all incoming and outgoing mail and incoming calls to the office
- Acting as the main contact for building management
- Acting as office receptionist, welcoming and showing external guests to conference rooms
- Ensuring the office, including conference rooms and pantry area, are clean and orderly
- Assisting with planning of company events
- Office administrative assistance:
- Organizing travel for employees in and out of the Shanghai office, where necessary, including car transportation, flights and accommodations
- Printing and binding of presentation materials
- Reporting expenses and making accounting entries for the office books and records
- Purchasing & vendor accounts:
- Managing vendor relations and addressing issues and concerns with vendors
- Purchasing, invoicing, and allocation of office supplies, mail services, pantry snacks, etc.
- Managing all office-related invoices and payments
- Managing the office’s petty cash
- Internal firm coordination:
- Partnering with Systems & Networking teams on IT-related topics
- Partnering with HR department to coordinate recruiting, visa sponsorship, onboarding, training, and benefits
- Collaborating with Workplace Services on topics related to office space, real estate
- Collaborating with other teams (e.g., Finance & Accounting, Procurement, Treasury, Legal & Compliance, etc.) as needed
- Corporate accounting & finance:
- Liaising with third-party accounting firm to help manage corporate accounting and tax for the business
- Assisting general manager with invoice approval, expense tracking and reporting, travel arrangements, appointment scheduling, and budgeting processes
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Previous experience in office management, preferably at a start-up or financial firm
- Proactive and positive attitude, self-starter and keen to get things done
- Diligent, well-organized, and careful, with proven ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Collaborative; experience working with offices in other locations a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Time Off: Generous annual leave
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.