Two Sigma Securities, LLC is a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, one of the major U.S. equity exchanges and a registered market maker in over 8,000 U.S. exchange listed equities. Backed by a high performance, proprietary platform, the firm facilitates the execution of more than 300 million shares per day. We are the market-making affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP and a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information, please visit twosigmasecurities.com.
We are seeking an experienced attorney to join Two Sigma Securities, the broker-dealer affiliate of Two Sigma, one of the world’s largest systematic, data-driven hedge funds. In this role you will work with a team of experienced legal and compliance professionals to advise and assist an entrepreneurial business during a period of exciting growth. You will advise different business lines on trading and business development related-matters. In this role you will work closely with Legal and Regulatory Compliance teams within TSS, reporting to TSS Legal Senior Counsel who reports to the TSS General Counsel.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Advise on broker-dealer and other securities law mattersHandle daily routine regulatory inquiries as well as complex, time-sensitive regulatory matters, and partner with Legal and Compliance teams in TSS and the Two Sigma affiliates on such matters.
- Provide legal support to our U.K. business.
- Participate in, and run meetings, as needed, in collaboration with business teams (including modeling and engineering teams) as well as partners in other corporate departments..
- Review and comment on documentation relating to TSS’s client businesses (e.g., ,, broker-to-broker agreements, order routing agreements, and disclosures). .
- Negotiate vendor agreements and NDAs for all of TSS Group’s entities worldwide including with regards to broker-dealer technology (HFT technology), exchange market data, Reg Tech, and various other vendor and consulting agreements.
- Engage in research and drafting of memoranda and presentations for key business initiatives.
- Support corporate governance management, including drafting minutes, agendas for Board meetings, and maintenance and filing of documentation for official entity books and records.
- Collaborate with other teams in TSS and the Two Sigma affiliates on a variety of matters including conflicts review, disclosures, and requests for review of external content.
You should posses the following qualifications:
- 7-10 years’ of relevant experience across comparable in-house positions and/or t a major U.S. or international law firm J.D. from accredited law school, admitted to practice and in good standing with N.Y. Bar.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Ability to handle significant regulatory matters independently,Familiarity with U.S. and/or global securities laws, with working knowledge of the ’33 Act and ’34 Act. Understanding of specific issues and FINRA Rules impacting algorithmic broker-dealers is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication & organizational skills; ability to prioritize amongst competing and changing deadlines.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.