Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a hardworking data operations specialist to join our innovative London Reliability team. You'll be part of a close knit, dynamic team of passionate individuals critical to the success of Two Sigma's business!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Investigation and remediation of production alerts using incident specific runbooks.
- Update data management policies and runbooks to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, data analysts and other data operations specialists to understand and improve business processes.
- Recommend, develop, and perform data management workflows .
- Apply predefined acceptance and quality criteria to guarantee the integrity of financial data sets.
You should possess the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical subject area.
- A desire to grow your personal knowledge of finance and trading.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Exposure to Bash, Python or other similar languages, comfortable with spreadsheets, familiarity with SQL and the UNIX command line.
You would ideally have:
- Professional experience within data operations, DevOps or a similar field.
- Hands-on experience performing data management and data quality tasks in data intensive environments.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.