Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a talented data specialist to join our highly motivated and innovative Data Engineering team. You'll be part of a close knit, dynamic team of passionate individuals critical to the success of Two Sigma's business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Analyze and curate massive amounts of data for thousands of different tradable instruments, including stocks, bonds, futures, contracts, commodities, and more;
- Create systematic, automated processes and tools that allow the team to scale and rapidly onboard new datasets;
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, and other data analysts to understand business needs and then design and develop reliable data pipelines that produce high quality datasets;
- Support the day to day operations of Two Sigma by applying problem solving, pattern detection, and root cause analysis to a wide range of data issues in a fast paced environment;
- Help drive continuous improvements to the team’s data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported;
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- 3+ years professional experience in an environment that prioritizes data quality
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, which includes university coursework in programming and computing systems
- Exposure to hands-on Python and SQL coding in the context of data pipelining in a professional environment. Prior experience with Jira, Bash, GIT desired.
- While financial industry experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology and data.
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.