Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Enterprise Engineering delivers technologies and processes that empower Two Sigma’s people and trading businesses to rapidly scale, collaborate, and innovate while minimizing risk. Within that department, Corporate Platform Engineering (CPE) creates modular systems and frameworks that enable rapid business expansion with proper controls, self-service management, and automation.
As a software engineer in the CPE team, you will design, build, deploy, test, and support products across a variety of technology stacks. You will develop frameworks and applications that enable other engineering teams and business users to accomplish business critical goals, with a focus on robust design and high-quality code.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop resilient and scalable products with microservice and event-driven architectures, using services like RESTful services and Kafka
- Define and promote best practices through code review and tooling
- Organize project scope and prioritize tasks to deliver high-impact, business critical projects
- Create and present materials on projects and technical topics
- Collaborate to document and communicate technical designs
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience in a full-time experience in a software development field
- BS in Computer Science
- Experience with Java and SQL are required, familiarity with frontend development is a plus
- Knowledge of web service architecture and scalable, resilient systems
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.