Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The mission of the Data Strategy & Operations team is to develop and implement the long-term data-related objectives of the firm. The team aspires to help Two Sigma stay best-in-class in data-driven investing while exploring high-potential new business lines that harness the firm’s data, technology and capabilities. The work is multi-disciplinary—blending strategy, technology, investing, execution and operations with a key focus on defining how the data landscape is evolving and determining what Two Sigma must do to protect and extend its competitive advantage. As a member of the Data Strategy & Operations team, you will drive growth by incubating new initiatives/capabilities where data is the core component and work closely with existing data-related businesses at Two Sigma to support operations by building hiring plans, developing budgets and establishing reporting/communication protocols.
In this role, you will join a cross-functional team and make important contributions across a diverse array of projects. You will be expected to utilize a broad skill-set in business strategy, finance, data science and engineering. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Supporting firm-wide efforts in data strategy by sourcing, evaluating, tracking and targeting potential partnerships, investments and internal initiatives
- Managing the strategic components of our high-priority initiatives by setting/tracking KPIs and working with cross-functional teams to execute on these KPIs as needed
- Developing/refining business plans for high-priority initiatives (existing and/or newly identified)
- Evaluating/developing/improving upon existing operating plans across business units to promote achievement of goals
- Building budgets for existing Data teams in order to inform hiring plans, org. structure, etc.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program;
- BA / BS degree – majors or minors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6;
- Familiarity with Python, SQL, BigQuery and Tableau (e.g., ability to help extract company-level data from SQL, develop reporting dashboards in Tableau, etc.)
- Experience in roles within the fields of banking, consulting, technology, engineering or investment management;
- Strong presentation materials;
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data, technology and entrepreneurship;
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analytical skills;
- Eagerness to contribute in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented environment
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.