Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Alpha Insights team’s mission is to crowdsource the world’s investment insights. To that end, the cross-functional group develops programs and products for engaging crowds of research experts across the globe. Alpha Insights is a cloud-first team developing external facing websites, mobile applications and APIs in AWS with the goal of systematically sourcing expert opinions that can make investment insights available as structured data for Two Sigma’s Modeling efforts. We are seeking an experienced full-stack software engineer who can design and build elegant cloud-native solutions to complex and challenging problems on the front-end, back-end and infrastructure side.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Ownership of full development cycle from ideation to designing, implementation, testing and release.
- Collaborate with the product team and other stakeholders to understand the product needs and efficiently execute on the projects.
- Front-end and back-end development of our web and mobile applications.
- Ensure the web application and backing services are performant, highly available and fault-tolerant.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in Java
- Experience with a modern web framework, preferably React
- Strong communication skills to work constructively and collaboratively with the other functions within Alpha Insights.
- Experience managing user experience for a customer-facing application is desirable.
- Experience with AWS services is beneficial but not necessary.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.