Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) team seeks to deliver the best software development experience for engineers at Two Sigma. We are seeking software engineers to join our hardworking team developing innovative solutions in the areas of source code management and review, build and test engineering and continuous integration and delivery.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Construct development tools and infrastructure used by all of our engineers to build, test and deploy distributed services.
- Collaborate with engineers and business partners across Two Sigma’s global offices to design and architect solutions.
- Engage with our software engineering teams to lead targeted efforts to introduce test automation, formal release management, and meticulous quality validation
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience.
- An understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale systems.
- Experience using source control systems (GIT, Mercurial) and CI tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, CircleCI or Travis.
- The ability to understand the inherent trade-offs between various software architectures as it relates to performance, fault tolerance, data consistency, and operability.
- A consistent track record of automation and an algorithmic approach to solving problems.
- An interest in designing and implementing software development workflows.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves.
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.