Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for a strong technologist with solid math and statistical abilities to join our team as an Analyst. The role includes managing various day-to-day processes in Global Live and their improvements, including tool building, data analysis, and writing solid and helpful documentation.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of equity markets
- Develop a deep understanding of many aspects of systematic portfolio management
- Document processes we do manually, with an eye to automation
- Use and create tools for quantitative portfolio analysis
- Prepare, review and present reporting on the portfolios
- Improve the business by collaborating on initiatives and proactively analyzing data
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of work experience, preferably in finance
- At a minimum, BA/BS in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline.
- Strong programming skills, especially in either python, groovy, or java.
- Preferably knowledge of quantitative trading and portfolio construction
- Interest in the Markets and Portfolio Management
- Strong Communication Skills
- Observant, High Attention to Detail
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.