Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a business / data analyst to join our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. Our group supports the firm’s Management Committee and business leads by producing key metrics highlighting the financial performance of the firm and each of the business units in order to drive critical business decisions. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to shape and influence the growth and strategy of the firm through insightful, data-driven analyses.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage our financial data platform by partnering with engineering to maintain and design reporting/analytic tools
- Enhance existing data schema and improve process management
- Deliver analyses on business unit profitability and resource / cost allocations to support decision making
- Partner with business leaders to deliver the annual budget, along with quarterly updates, outlining the strategic outlook of the firm
- Act as the key contact for expense analytics across our various business units and key initiatives
Future responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with business leaders to launch new business initiatives / product development
- Instituting innovative reporting, analytics, and policy to influence behavior across the firm
- Incorporating FP&A practices across Modeling, Engineering and Corporate areas (e.g. cost optimization, resource allocations, etc.)
- Project lead on high exposure initiatives across the firm
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or related field
- 1-5 years of relevant work experience (business analytics)
- Ability to work with structured data
- Experience with programming languages preferred (ex. Python, SQL)
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.