Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Product Development (“ProdDev”) plays an integral role in growing and improving the Investment Management business. We work across the firm to develop and implement our business strategy, cultivate partnerships, generate and execute on new product ideas, deliver on expansion initiatives, and drive further operating efficiency for our portfolios and the broader business globally. ProdDev has led many impactful initiatives, such as the launch of new funds and investment products, expansion into new markets and enhancements to our largest funds.
In this role you will focus on developing and leading critical initiatives within Investment Management. ProdDev develops and analyzes hypotheses, proposals, and recommendations, oftentimes when the path forward is still ambiguous or uncertain. You will be encouraged to identify key questions/issues, think critically and challenge the “status quo” when relevant. If you are excited about joining a fast-paced, strategic team, we'd love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build qualitative and quantitative analyses to evaluate potential product enhancements or to develop business cases
- Scope and lead projects (at times, more than one project at a time) to bring business initiatives to fruition
- Support the growth of new Investment Management businesses
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills with the ability to use quantitative and qualitative approaches to develop recommendations
- Ability to work independently, yet also lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong project management and communication skills (verbal and written) with track record of stakeholder management and alignment
- 2 - 5 years’ work experience, with 2+ years’ experience ideally within investment management, management consulting, investment banking, strategy or analytics
- BS/BA in mathematics, finance, economics or engineering related fields
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace (also known as G Suite), e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word and equivalent programs
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.