Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
To boost our R&D capabilities, an internal start-up team within Two Sigma (across Engineering and Quantitative Research) is partnering with top global scientific talent. As data and scientific talent continue to proliferate worldwide, our goal is to cultivate a global community that will meaningfully augment our research. To this end, we are building an online, cloud-based extension of our research platform—as well as the tools required to generate cutting-edge research on this platform at scale.
Within this context, we are seeking an enthusiastic product manager to define and drive both our internally facing products as well as externally facing ones. The product manager will join an agile group, and work with engineering, research, and talent professionals within AlphaStudio as well as the broader modeling and engineering community within Two Sigma. While our team is established within the firm with an existing product and business line, we consider ourselves a fast-paced internal start-up, and we are excited for a new product manager to play a leading role in the next phase of our growth.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally (across the team and the broader firm) to identify product roadmap priorities, user and business needs, define product solutions, and drive those products to success.
- Carry out user research to become expert on use cases and workflows.
- Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop product vision, roadmap, and specs.
- Collaborate with data science and research to make data-led decisions and define product opportunities.
- Develop narrative and messaging around the product, and work with research and talent to implement the messaging.
- Track and evaluate the success of products by designing and implementing metrics demonstrating impact.
- Act as a discipline role model on best practices and influence aspects of the PM discipline across Two Sigma.
- Help lead planning processes in partnership with other functional leaders (across sprints, quarters, planning years, etc.).
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or have demonstrated technical ability in your work
- 5+ years developing and demonstrating accountability for successful technology products for technical end users
- Proven track record of success delivering impactful product outcomes at assigned scope
- Interest in time series modeling and/or financial markets preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead by influence
- Collaborative approach
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.