Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is a platform used by investment allocators (e.g., customers of Two Sigma) to understand holistically the risks and returns of their suite of investments. It decomposes risk and return into factors and allows portfolio optimization by combining a user's factor forecasts with current factor exposures.
Learn more about Venn at http://venn.twosigma.com/
We are looking for a Data Engineer! You should have a passion for building and maintaining data foundations and tools and improving our customer experience, growing our practice and platform. You will design and implement scalable, extensible and highly-available data pipelines on various data sets, that will enable impactful insights & strategy for Venn. You will collaborate deeply with partners across product and design, engineering, and business teams to drive innovations that improve the customer experience.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of Venn’s data management and transformation solution in AWS.
- Develop and execute processes that validate the integrity of data.
- Be responsible for the smooth day-to-day implementation of Venn’s research infrastructure.
- Translate product requirements into data engineering specifications.
- Collaborate with researchers, data scientists, product managers to build and maintain solutions that simplify and automate the difficult and time consuming data discovery, conversion, mapping, and job scheduling tasks in AWS.
- Strong interest to learn and stay up to date on relevant technologies, trends, industry standards and identify the ones Venn should implement.
- Facilitate discussions with partner teams regarding technical / architectural trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience building data solutions on AWS.
- Strong experience in developing data ingestion, data processing, and analytical pipelines, data warehouses, relational, and NoSQL data solutions.
- Background in building data models from various data sources.
- Demonstrated ability in identifying data validation rules and alerts based on data publishing specifications for data integrity and anomaly detection.
- Experience with Serverless and ML pipelines in a production environment is a big plus.
- Experience with user behavior data, alternative datasets, unstructured datasets is a big plus.
- Experience with AWS Glue is a big plus.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.