Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
With the breathtaking pace at which data is growing, and with new types of data coming online and new hypotheses becoming measurable, we continue to face the inspiring and exciting challenge to reveal value in the world’s data. We are seeking intellectually curious and creative analysts who are deeply passionate about data exploration, augmentation, and analysis to join our team.
In this role, you will partner with our close-knit team of data sourcing colleagues, engineers, quantitative researchers, and data scientists to translate data into actionable insights and to accelerate our research pipeline.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Working with data leadership, business leadership, data strategists to shape our long-term data strategy
- Managing the strategic components of the firm’s data strategic initiatives by defining objectives, setting/tracking KPIs and working with cross-functional teams to execute on these KPIs as needed
- Developing high impact management and dashboard reporting to drive impact of the firm’s data strategy across all business units
- Managing, monitoring, and extending our data discovery platform to measure and improve our research partners ability to discover, trial and purchase datasets
- Building budgets for business partners to inform data spend, hiring, structure, etc.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A strong academic track record with university coursework or related data analysis experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in roles within the fields of banking, consulting and/or investment management;
- BA / BS degree – majors or minors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6;
- Applied data analysis experience, especially using popular scripting languages (particularly Python) and/or data analysis tools and languages (PyData, R, Julia, Matlab, Tableau).
- Strong presentation materials;
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data, technology and entrepreneurship;
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analytical skills;
- Eagerness to contribute in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented environment
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.