Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Complex Events Engineering is looking for a software engineer to help build a world-class platform for automated research and large-scale data analysis. Our team’s mission is to collect, organize, and monetize complex and unstructured data, from financial news and analyst reports to television and social media.
This role focuses on our automated research capabilities, where we develop and operate a platform for automated generation and evaluation of trading ideas, processing tens of thousands of experiments every day.
High throughput, robust scheduling, and modular design are critical to meeting the growing demand and expanding the usage to new domains, so we are looking for engineers excited about service-based architectures, distributed compute, and large-scale data analysis.
As part of the Equities organization, this position is a strong choice for anybody looking to leverage solid engineering skills in one of the firm’s core businesses.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop scalable systems for automated idea generation and evaluation.
- Implement technological and methodological improvements to existing products.
- Build new products and expand usage to new domains.
- Keep platform quality, throughput, and uptime high.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 1-10 year(s)
- Strong knowledge of Java and Python.
- Experience or interest in Spark, Dask, or general distributed computing.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $160,000 and $300,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.