Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Investments is seeking a highly motivated, intelligent, and driven individual to manage the Business Continuity Plan and be the primary point of contact during a BCP event. This role will work across all Two Sigma functions and global offices to identify, plan for, and provide response capabilities for events that may disrupt our business operations.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Partner with the BCP Steering Committee to design, enhance, and execute a robust business continuity strategy appropriate for the needs of Two Sigma
- Develop business continuity plan best practices and ensure that they are created and updated periodically by functional BCP leads
- Liaise with engineering disaster recovery teams to stay connected with infrastructure and platform outage events and recovery plans
- Ensure adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements including testing and education
- Lead the response to BCP events: execute the incident response defined by the Steering Committee, provide concise and consistent communication to senior leadership and employees, and coordinate between various functional groups
- Design a regional governance model for responses to BCP events and manage relationships and expectations with regional leads
- Drive change to continuously uplift our recovery capabilities and review incident responses
- Keep abreast of industry best practices to ensure the program remains current and relevant to the needs of the business
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 7+ years experience with 2+ years experience in business continuity positions
- Demonstrated experience managing crisis situations
- During planning, lead through influence, data, and reasoned purpose
- During events, lead from the front through calm presence, coordinated communication and promotion of collaborative decision making
- Strong program management experience
- Proven track record of owning projects from start to finish
- Experience managing diverse stakeholder groups in order to make decisions and deliver cross-functional work products
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work with high levels of autonomy and independence
- Willingness and ability to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Demonstrates ability to quickly adapt in a nuanced environment; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
- Is a team player, striving for excellence, open to continuous improvement, yet receptive to criticism
- Experience using Everbridge (or similar) crisis management suites is a plus
- We are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers and pragmatic, thoughtful leaders who are driven to manage risk
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.