Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities, LLC is a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, one of the major U.S. equity exchanges and a registered market maker in over 8,000 U.S. exchange listed equities. Backed by a high performance, proprietary platform, the firm facilitates the execution of more than 400 million shares per day. We are the market-making affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP and a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information, please visit twosigmasecurities.com.
Two Sigma Securities is a growing business that is expanding its global footprint. We are seeking a hardworking, driven individual to join our accounting team. The role offers opportunities to collaborate with several teams within the company, including Trading, Operations, Technology, Legal/Compliance and Treasury and play an active role in the firm's accounting process.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Research and analyze the accounting/finance impacts that arise from the firm’s new business initiatives or strategies
- Perform analysis on various new accounting pronouncements
- Contribute to the month-end close process and maintenance of internal books and records
- Assist in the production of financial regulatory filings and calculation of regulatory net capital
- Collaborate with technology teams to work on process enhancements through automation
- Prepare schedules for tax filings
- Collaborate closely with the team, auditors and administrator to streamline the audit process
- Support in the preparation of the annual financial statement schedules and footnotes
- Identify areas for operational improvements and establish efficiencies and enhanced reporting
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 4-6 years of public and/or private experience in broker dealers and/or hedge funds; broker dealer experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record required; CPA license preferred
- Self-motivated, collaborative, ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-awareness, maturity and irreproachable integrity
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Series 27 license is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.