Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities is a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, a member of the major U.S. equity exchanges and a registered market maker in over 8,000 U.S. exchange listed equities. Backed by a high-performance, proprietary platform, we facilitate the execution of more than 400 million shares per day.
We are seeking world-class engineers with experience in FPGAs and engineering management to join our growing hardware engineering team. Working closely with market researchers and software developers, we face a wide array of challenges relevant to finance and technology.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead an engineering team to design, build, and deliver the next generation of low latency hardware accelerated trading systems at Two Sigma.
- Mentor, develop and grow the engineers on the team as a people manager.
- Get in the weeds - solve problems, optimize hardware performance, and drive excellence in build, testing and documentation for the team.
- Represent the hardware team to the TSS business; provide transparency, be accountable for progress, and help establish priorities.
- Manage relationships with peer teams in the organization, including trading engineering, infrastructure engineering and other platform teams, to deliver on both TSS projects as well as cross-company initiatives.
- Work with vendors and the community at large to maintain tooling, identify new opportunities, and keep TSS at the forefront of new and emerging technologies in the hardware space.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of professional experience analyzing performance requirements and designing systems handling very large volumes of real-time data at extremely low latencies
- 4+ years of professional experience managing a team of engineers
- BS/BA degree in computer engineering, computer science or electrical engineering
- Development experience with FPGAs (Verilog/VHDL, functional verification and static timing closure) and coding software in a low level language such as C/C++
- No finance experience necessary
- Should be willing to work in NYC or Chicago
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.