Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
AlphaStudio is an early-stage cross-cutting Modeling and Engineering team that aims to tap into the quantitative insights of top global data science talent to boost internal R&D. To this end, we’re building a cloud-based online research platform, as well as the tools required to generate cutting-edge research on this platform at scale—with the goal of creating a world-class, scalable environment for the scientific prediction of economic outcomes. We’re looking for strong and motivated Engineers eager to join our startup-like environment. Learn more about AlphaStudio at https://alphastudio.com/
We are seeking an exceptional technologist who is eager to learn and build software products to facilitate research at AlphaStudio and Two Sigma and to continue improving our customer experience, growing our practice, and platform. This is a critical role within an internal start-up at Two Sigma that will deliver significant impact to our business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop solutions to build and scale the delivery of research inputs and outputs
- Develop solutions to track research lifecycle workflows
- Collaborate with our product managers to plan and execute high impact solutions
- Contribute to operational efforts to ensure the continual availability and high quality of our platform
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a technical or quantitative discipline
- Strong software engineering skills in developing, testing and troubleshooting code in one and/or more of the following programming languages: Java/Python, Cloud Technologies, Microservices
- Interest in building large-scale, distributed applications and end-to-end solutions
- Drive the quality of the software with careful testing and comprehensive documentation, and support the software in production
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.