Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Private Investment Engineering is a unique engineering group that services the needs of all Two Sigma private investment businesses. Two Sigma Real Estate, Two Sigma Ventures, Sightway Capital, Two Sigma Impact. The group works to enable investment professionals to source, evaluate, acquire and optimize several classes of investment. The group works in tight collaboration with data scientists to bring investment insights into the workflows of the businesses.
Private Investments Engineering wants to grow to 10+ engineers over the next 12 months. This will require at least 1 Engineering Manager to keep the team operating smoothly. The manager will need to work closely with investment professionals to develop a strong understanding of many aspects of each business in order to set proper objectives for the team.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Management and oversee a team of skilled engineers. This involves developing team and individual goals, writing reviews, managing the promotion process.
- Expand the team - the team will be growing significantly over the next several quarters
- Collaborate with members of Private Investment Business staff, Strategic Data Science, Security, Legal and Compliance
- Be involved in and guide technical developments and architecture of the platform
- Ensure that department sets relevant milestones/goals and achieves them in a timely fashion
While the team is small you will also take on aspects of product management and project management:
- Product Management - to help get many of the very nascent projects in shape for developers to start work. We have many outstanding conversations to be led, many documents to be written.
- Project Management - to make sure the team members are working on the right projects in the order that makes sense.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Proven people management skills to lead the engineering team
- Strong communication skills are required to work constructively and collaboratively with the other functions within Private Investments
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, communicate progress and manage expectations. Develop roadmaps, quarterly plans and deliver them reliably
- Experience working closely with data scientists to create scalable and maintainable engineering solutions
- Product Management - ability to observe challenges of business professionals and facilitate requirements to solve those challenges
Nice to have background:
- Startup experience - raising money, creating proof of concepts, envisioning the art of the possible
- Experience in Real Estate technology
- Experience developing a platform used by internal power users (i.e. not consumer facing)
- Experience with process management (planning, organizational process, agile methodologies)
- Experience managing projects with the following technologies: AWS services, Google Cloud Platform, React or Angular, Java, and Python.
- 10+ years of experience required in software development
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.