Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades over 10,000 US equities and 4,000 listed options, leveraging our high performance trading system to execute over 850 million shares per day. Two Sigma Securities is entering an exciting growth phase. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their own work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
We are seeking an experienced trader to join our Market Making & Intraday Alpha (MMIA) team in NY or Chicago. This role will oversee operations for our APAC high performance trading platforms and manage portfolios in securities such as equities, futures, & ETFs.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
Continuously iterate and improve performance of our state of the art trading systems by:
- Manage the day-to-day trade operations for the APAC trading unit of MMIA
- Work with the Risk team to guide portfolio through market stress events
- Identify and escalate production issues when necessary by cross referencing expected risk profiles with production performance
- Acting in a trading capacity for either operational or risk mitigation purposes
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience working for a similar field
- A degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science is preferred
- Passion for the markets and a desire to seize investment opportunities
- FINRA securities licensing, such as Series 7, 57, or a desire to become a registered trading professional
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.