Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented accounts payable specialist to join our highly motivated, innovative team. They should be a self-starter with an ability to think critically. Our team members are able to multitask, meet deadlines and effectively adapt to changing priorities. As part of this team, the candidate will partner and collaborate with employees in all departments of the firm. If you are excited about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team, we'd love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Coding and entering invoices into general ledger system and preparing check payments, ACH payments, wire payments and wire transfers.
- Reviewing supporting documentation submitted for completeness, accuracy, and proper approval.
- Preparing year end 1099 reports.
- Assisting with maintenance of employee expense reporting system, including workflow and processing expense reports.
- Processing market data invoices and coordinating soft dollar payments through brokers, when applicable.
- Accurately identifying assets that require capitalization and entering into the fixed asset module and assisting with monthly reconciliation.
- Identifying and accruing sales tax on applicable invoices.
- Researching and resolving A/P related issues with vendors and employees.
- Assisting with other accounting projects as needed.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3 - 6 years of experience in accounts payable preferably in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field with a strong academic record.
- High proficiency in Excel and strong reporting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience with the following systems is a plus:
- Lawson – GL, AP, AM, CB, Smart Office.
- MHC Document Express/MHC Image Express.
- FITS Market Data System.
- SAP Ariba
- SAP Concur Travel and Expense
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.