Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Front-end at scale. As a member of the front-end platform team, you will work on a cross-organizational team to develop and deliver a UI development platform. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your front-end expertise at scale and to improve the development experience for all UI related development at Two Sigma. Products that are created using the front-end platform are internal products that range from trading dashboards to data exploration and from collaboration tools to data visualizations.
With approximately 85 new web applications built every year, each project is facing a similar set of design, technology, and usability challenges. In this role, you will help teams address these challenges while providing guidance, components, tooling, and setting UI standards. Your work will improve the developer experience and provide a foundational piece on which teams build enterprise-level web applications.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the architecture and development of our front-end platform
- Work within a highly collaborative cross-discipline environment, contributing your knowledge and expertise to the broader goals of the organization
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to engineering teams on topics like: front-end coding practices, web application architecture, usability design, accessibility, and visual design
- Create and present materials on projects and technical topics
- Collaborate to document and communicate technical designs
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least 3 years of proven experience developing web applications
- Outstanding coding ability and an eagerness to work in an agile environment where you are constantly learning and teaching
- BS/BA or higher degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with front-end tooling like: Node.js, yarn, CRA, @angular/cli, and JEST is a plus
- Experience creating and maintaining npm packages is a plus
- Knowledge of web service architecture and scalable, resilient systems is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.