Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Corporate Accounting team supports Two Sigma’s various growth initiatives by maintaining accurate books and records, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and ensuring each initiative is implemented in the most optimal way from the start. We collaborate with our peers across the organization to ensure that each initiative has the right corporate structure, our processes are streamlined, automated and built to support future growth.
Dealing in ambiguity with the ability to reprioritize based on multiple business needs is just a day in the life of a Two Sigma accountant. If you enjoy being pushed out of your comfort zone and relish not being confined by red tape and legacy processes this job is right for you! Two Sigma operates in a fast paced environment, what you work on this month might not be what you work on next month and that keeps it interesting. You learn fast and are motivated to contribute from day 1. We are seeking someone with a “can do” attitude, we are a small team with one goal in mind: “high quality work on quick timelines.” Do you have a proven track record of working in a dynamic environment, the vision to develop and implement inventive operational improvements, multitask and work autonomously. If so we want to talk!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
Month end close:
- Own and maintain all aspects of our accounting and reporting process, such as month-end close of multiple corporate entities, proper revenue recognition, consolidation, application of service agreements, and review of fixed assets, leases and accruals - to name a few.
- Assist in designing and building scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Analyze data against business drivers to identify trends/issues. Present analysis to senior leaders.
- Research and analyze accounting issues to support diverse and ambitious business initiatives/transactions, and establish robust accounting policies and procedures around areas of firm development.
- Apply/Exercise judgment and ensure the right decisions are reached to accurately report financial results.
- Responsible for assigned day to day “keep the lights on” processes.
- Assume full responsibility for multiple sets of audited financial statements, including preparation, crafting footnote disclosures, creating and managing timelines with auditors and other collaborators.
- Provide timely reporting to members/partners, teams and counterparties/regulatory bodies.
- Team up with departments across Two Sigma to support the firm’s growth related to the launch of new businesses, legal entities or offices.
- Drive projects, provide accounting guidance and often serve as the first point of contact to resolve issues.
- Work with business analysts and engineering resources on the creation of the Corporate Accounting platform; assist with defining business requirements and testing platform builds.
- Provide support for finance efforts to increase efficiency and make valuable contributions to business partners.
- Develop working relationships with internal business partners to support organizational goals.
- Effectively run ad hoc projects and analyses.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BA/BS in Accounting required
- 3-8 years of total relevant accounting experience; CPA license preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience operating within a corporate/management accounting/reporting function (versus Public Accounting/Audit) preferred
- Industry experience from investment management, real estate and/or technology industries experience preferred but not required
- Strong ability to analyze data and desire to improve processes
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments and with firm management.
- Possess excellent analytical skills (MS Excel), problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Ability to anticipate problems and create contingencies before they become an issue. You raise issues appropriately and remain vigilant through resolution.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.