Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Core Reliability Engineering team is in the process of designing a centralized platform to oversee its critical systems and be used by several trading systems across Two Sigma. This initiative is part of a multi year effort aimed at modernizing our trading infrastructure and changing how the overall platform is managed. Our goal is to redesign, together with our engineering partners, the monolithic daemons using technologies such as containers to allow us to scale the platform and reduce its operational complexity. We will also introduce a systematic change validation system that will be used for all the components that the trading system relies on to validate, deploy and operate our platform and later, manage other critical ones. Finally, we will provide self-service and dynamic execution capabilities that will replace the dated and manual ones. Our success criteria is in eliminating manual legacy processes while also providing dynamic automated systematic validation and scaling capabilities.
We’re looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to help lead, design and deliver the next generation services needed to run this platform. The individual will be working closely with our traders, portfolio managers and various engineering teams in modernizing their respective products.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Establish requirements and build the framework needed to verify that software engineering standards are met
- Participate in code and design reviews with engineering teams
- Mentor and coach other team members
- Design and implement the platform using best of breed technologies and standards
- Champion innovative approaches to automate testing and releases
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience (5+ years) writing software using various programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- Strong UI development skills in a framework such as Angular or React
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related engineering field
- Experience implementing microservices, containers, and cloud-based technologies
- Passionate about self-service and change control and comfortable with influencing end users
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.