Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Desktop Engineering group at Two Sigma (internally known as End User Engineering) designs and builds the complex and compelling infrastructure that makes what we do possible. We keep the organization at the forefront of innovative hardware. We have versatile, passionate individuals who build and maintain what exists today, and invent tomorrow.
We are seeking an Engineer to serve as a primary provider of Microsoft Windows client platforms and technologies at Two Sigma. In this role you will focus on Windows automation and developing the Windows end user platforms using tools such as SCCM, PowerShell, as well as various application packaging and delivery techniques. You will be exposed to multiple IT disciplines covering VDI, application virtualization, configuration management, scripting and automation, security, networking, monitoring, vulnerability management, and update automation.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Design, develop, maintain and expand Windows client platforms on premise and in cloud environments
- Troubleshoot escalated challenging end client issues and define remediation steps
- Develop, maintain and improve a number of custom complex scripts as well as automations written primarily in, but not limited to, PowerShell or Python
- Participate in a triage and on-call rotation readily handling various consult requests as well as end client platforms troubleshooting
- Contribute, maintain, and improve the team’s internal as well as end user facing knowledge base
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A BS degree in a computer science, engineering, or related field and 3+ years of experience in desktop engineering of Windows client platforms
- Must possess a deep knowledge and understanding of the Windows 10 operating system
- Experience with SCCM application packaging, deployments, as well as maintaining task sequences and deploying Windows updates
- Proficiency with a scripting language (PowerShell or Python preferred)
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Concepts
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.