Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades over 10,000 US equities and 4,000 listed options, leveraging our high performance trading system to execute over 850 million shares per day. Two Sigma Securities is entering an exciting growth phase. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their own work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
The Two Sigma Securities(TSS) team is seeking an attorney to join our Legal team. Our team is dedicated to supporting a variety of broker-dealer and regulatory initiatives. The Broker Dealer Counsel should demonstrate an ability and willingness to learn emerging areas of law. They should also possess exceptional communication skills; the ability to synthesize complex regulatory issues and guidelines into digestible concepts. The candidate will be a proven collaborator, self-motivated with sharp attention to detail. If you are passionate about joining a fast-paced, diverse team, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Assist key stakeholders on legal and regulatory matters associated with day-to-day trading activities and business initiatives;
- Advise on license requirements and applications as we expand into additional international jurisdictions and/or new products, such as trading in cryptocurrencies;
- Stay informed of emerging and evolving areas of broker-dealer law and regulation, compliance obligations and regulatory examinations;
- Provide well-researched guidance on compliance with rules and regulations applicable to the global trading of equities, futures and options drawing from industry best practices and regulatory actions;
- Support the broker-dealer’s regulatory compliance department, as needed; and draft and review responses to regulatory inquiries.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 8 - 10 years of experience at a top tier U.S. law firm, in the legal department of a major financial services company, and/or at a state or federal regulatory agency.
- Strong academic record with a BA/BS degree and JD required.
- Significant experience with securities and other financial laws including the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Commodity Exchange Act, FINRA and exchange rules, and other related U.S. and non-U.S. securities and other financial instrument-related statutes.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.