Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Two Sigma Securities brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades over 10,000 US equities and 4,000 listed options, leveraging our high performance trading system to execute over 850 million shares per day. Two Sigma Securities is entering an exciting growth phase. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their own work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
The Order Platform and External Connectivity (OPEC) team are dedicated to building low latency, high throughput, accurate, and compliant infrastructure that provides order management solutions for Two Sigma businesses. The intersection of our technology and domain knowledge is unique to trading execution; however the problems we solve are very concrete technological and logistical challenges. In a world full of abstractions, you will be working on software that runs close to the metal; you will be concerned with speed of light, regulations, reliability, correctness, legal interpretations and code reusability all at once. As a member of the OPEC Software Engineering team you will learn and contribute to all of these systems, with an opportunity to choose and develop a deep expertise niche. Our systems are mostly written in C and C++. You will also use Python extensively as a glue for our testing infrastructure and as a language of choice for our peripheral scripts.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work on our Exchange Gateways – a cutting edge venue connectivity system that is used by our business for order management and connections to exchanges of the world.
- Work on infrastructure that provides a crossing networks for our clients.
- Solve low-latency trading problems and optimize performance-critical code.
- Contribute technically to projects via architecture, design, and hands-on implementation.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BS/BA in a technical or quantitative field.
- 2+ year’s professional hands-on development experience using a systems language (C/C++/Rust).
- Demonstrated Interest in acquiring domain knowledge, and understanding complex business and legal challenges of automated trading.
- Passionate about constructive code reviews and building well performing, accurate and complaint trading systems with focus on long term system stability and extensibility.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, and game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves.
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.