Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented engineering manager for our Services Engineering team.
The team provides frameworks and platforms for our technologists to Develop, Deploy, and Operate their software. We leverage open source and cloud-based technologies to make building scalable systems simple and straightforward. We currently support a wide range of services on our platform across every aspect of our business from research to trading.
As the engineering manager on the team, you will have an opportunity to deal with exciting technical problems at high scale and will partner with stakeholders to define the team’s technical roadmap and product vision. You will also be responsible for developing team members' careers and shaping the team’s culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence. The scope and impact of this team is rapidly increasing as we tackle larger growth opportunities.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team that is responsible for developing and operating frameworks and application platforms
- Guide the design and implementation of new features for services to meet Two Sigma’s dynamic and evolving business needs
- Engage with users, product managers, senior tech-leads and senior management to define the team’s technical strategy and roadmap
- Mentor junior team members on technical skills and career development, and foster a growing and collaborative culture for the team
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience of leading and/or managing an engineering team with a track record of shipping high quality software
- Clear, proactive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop high-trust relationships with stakeholders
- Solid software engineering skills in one or more of the programming languages Java/C++/Python
- Extensive experience building systems leveraging microservices or service-oriented architecture
- Familiarity with the use of one of the following service frameworks: Flask, Dropwizard, Spring Boot, Django, gRPC, or a similar framework
- Familiarity with front-end development using either React or Angular
- BS/BA or higher degree in a technical field
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.