Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Our Services Engineering team provides frameworks and platforms for our technologists to Develop, Deploy, and Operate their software. We leverage open source and cloud-based technologies to make building scalable systems simple and straightforward. We currently support a wide range of services on our platform across every aspect of our business from research to trading.
As an engineer on Services Engineering, you will use and contribute to open source frameworks (eg. Flask, Dropwizard, and gRPC) to help Two Sigma build software. You will build custom integrations to make our internal workflows simple, consistent, and scalable. You will partner with other engineering teams to compose novel solutions with the frameworks and platforms you build.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain widely used services frameworks and software development automation
- Collaborate with users and partners across Engineering to understand opportunities for improving ease of use and consistency of integrations
- Provide technical leadership in evaluating, understanding and integrating the latest open source and vendor solutions
- Mentor junior team members on technical skills and career development, keep raising the bar in producing high quality code and delivering solid product/services
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area with 5+ years of experience, a master degree with 3+ years of experience, or 7+ years of hands-on experience
- Requires experience deploying and operating services integrating relational databases and/or message queues
- Familiarity with the use of one of the following service frameworks: Flask, Dropwizard, or gRPC
- Ideally, but not required, is familiarity with front-end development using either React or Angular
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.