Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Fund Accounting team’s mission is to deliver high quality accounting services and timely financial reporting to our internal business partners as well as the Firm’s clients. We support investment management business initiatives, review and approve the funds’ NAVs and provide reporting to internal and external counterparties.
We are seeking a collaborative, self-motivated and analytical professional to join the Fund Accounting team. If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Review and approve the daily, weekly and monthly NAVs and RoRs prepared by the administrator
- Contribute to the annual audit. Prepare financial statements and audit workpapers (including consolidation accounting)
- Coordinate with the Tax team and tax preparer on periodic tax filings and reporting including K-1s and tax estimates
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to external parties including investors, counterparties and regulators
- Maintain cash controls
- Liaise with full service fund administrator and shadow administrator daily
- Identify areas for improvements and efficiencies; streamline processes.
- Lead impactful projects
- Collaborate with various teams throughout the organization to support the firm’s initiatives including the launch of new businesses and funds
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5-8 years of progressive Fund Accounting experience
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record
- Self-motivated and a strong work ethic and an ability to work independently
- Collaborative mindset and approach – ability to work well with a wide range of individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstration of high analytical capacity and intellectual curiosity
- Self-awareness, maturity and irreproachable integrity
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.